Accurian ASR-5046 Question

RobII
I am trying to sell an Accurian ASR-5046 receiver/amplifier on Craig's List.  I have it posted for $40 and some clown wants a "discount."  I was just wondering if anyone had any idea about what the original price range for this unit was - "way back when" it was new.  I inherited it in an estate settlement and don't need it (I am running a Carver system around a CT-17).  I thought $40 would be more than fair and I want to tell him what kind of a deal he's getting if he'll quit quibbling.

I posted the same question on Head-Fi and they thought it might be a Radio Shack brand and one of them kindly provided a link to Radio Shack Catalogs.  Anyone here got an idea?

Thanks!

Re: Accurian ASR-5046 Question

Charlie
Yes, the Accurian 5046 is a Radio Shack product (circa 2006).  Watch yourself when you set the presets as I am unable to delete the presets!

RE: Accurian ASR-5046 Question

RobII
Charlie,

Thanks for the update.  Any idea on the price range when this puppy was
brand-spanking new?

Rob

Re: Accurian ASR-5046 Question

roy c
i bought one new at radio shack, around 2007. the remote is now going bad, but i believe i paid 150 for it.

RE: Accurian ASR-5046 Question

RobII

Thanks, Roy.  I think I sold it for about $50 – a yard sale some many months ago, now.  Too bad you didn’t see my post earlier – I might have been convinced to sell the remote separately.  I appreciate your response, even if it was somewhat late (not your fault – I forgot I had the questions posed).

Rob  Mc Artor

By Faith and Works!

Re: Accurian ASR-5046 Question

Eddiecurrent
Accurian is RS's hi end line, it's a nice reciever with built in A/D converter, a real transformer, real, rugged discrete transistors and sharp styling.
I've been fixing, refurbishing and re-selling stereo equipment for 30 yrs, $40 is a fair price for any working stereo receiver...you're always gonna get these replies on Craigslist, if you asked $20 someone's gonna text you and ask if you'll take $15.
I just tell these jokers that I'm sorry, but "3 different people have been inquiring about it", so I don't anticipate having it for more than a few days.
That usually either lights a fire under them or drives them off.