Catalogs online

w5tvw
Can the catalogs be downloaded?  A trove to browse!  I remember Radio Shack back in the early 50's.  A completely different place now.  Not even a shadow of it's old self!

Re: Catalogs online

Glad you're enjoying my site.  Due to potential copyright issues with Radio Shack Corporation, I don't make the catalogs available for downloading.  Please enjoy them here.

Re: Catalogs online

shackman
I've worked at the shack since 1977 and this site is a real hoot!  I love seeing the old "training" guides we used back in the old days.  The most fun part of the year was waiting for the new catalogs to be issued so we could go through them one page at a time again and again.

Re: Catalogs online

Lindholm
I am in China and your site is being blocked by the government. I am going through a proxy right now to view your site but it won't let me view the catalogue pages since flash does not play well with proxies (and so many other things). Is there another way to view your catalogues?

nlindholm at gmail.com

Re: Catalogs online

There's a great way to view my catalogs...move to the U.S.A.

But seriously, I can't imaging why a country would block my website of old electronics catalogs.  Do you know?  Is this a policy of China?

I do know that Flash does not work well through proxies.  Unfortunately, right now, the only way to view them is through Flash.  This is because the pages rely on Flash to size, and present the graphic pages.  The pages are not in a .pdf format.

If you find an alternative way, please let me know.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for trying (and letting me know).

~Mike

Re: Catalogs online

Keatah
I would so much love to be able to view this in a PDF on my ipad. I also can't imagine RS getting upset about it - because - it would generate business for them, wouldn't it?

Re: Catalogs online

This post was updated on .
Try this link:  http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/html/index_general.html
95% of the Radio Shack general merchandise catalogs are presented in an HTML format (not using Flash).  Someday, I should have all the other catalogs converted.  Please let me know of your viewing experience with the HTML format.

~ Mike

Re: Catalogs online

Keatah
Ahh yes, so much better. They do indeed show up. Other than the scaling (the pics seem a little compressed top to bottom). This is great!

Re: Catalogs online

Sergio Lopez
I really like this site !!! It's the best site to remember viewing the catalogs since I have my first Radio Shack catalog back in 1978, thanks for share it with us.

Re: Catalogs online

ElliotX
This site is great! And thanks so much for offering an HTML edition of the catalogs! I know it must've taken a long time to put it all together.

Flash isn't an option on the iPhone or iPad (unless you install & configure a whole 'nother browser), and it has vulnerabilities and privacy issues (tracking companies use it to get around cookie restrictions), so I've been running with Flash disabled as much as possible on my PC. For me, the HTML site is ideal, and it's really awesome to have a way to see all the catalogs I grew up with, plus all the ones I missed.

When I was looking at the 2002 catalog, I found that some of the hi-res pages I clicked on weren't bringing up any images. After some experimentation, I figured out that it's pages 101 thru 200 that are affected. I hope you get those fixed soon.

Thanks again!! I love old catalogs.

Re: Catalogs online

ElliotX -

To get the true experience that I wanted users to experience from my site (flipping the pages and the table top with memorabilia from that era), the Flash version is the way to go.

But I understand the vulnerabilities and privacy issues with Flash, and the fact that the iPad/iPhones don't use Flash.  That's why I added the HTML version.  Glad you're liking it.

You are correct in that pages 101-200 of the 2002 catalog are only in low-res.  When I was working on the files, SOMEHOW I accidently deleted these 100 pages .  At the time, I just didn't feel like re-scanning them.  So, for right now, it's on my "to-do" list.

~Mike