Quantcast

Found some primo Optimus 9 CAT. NO. 40-4023 Speakers but . . .

Found some primo Optimus 9 CAT. NO. 40-4023 Speakers but . . .

FrankieBaby
This post was updated on .
Hi everyone, glad I found you all. I live in a neighborhood where people constantly put out on the curb all manner of great stuff simply for the sake of tight quarters. So I hauled up these massive speakers. I see there's a port. I've tied them into my system (no amp) and they do put out; but not anything like the little JBL I have spliced into the same line. I'm hoping I can find a way to boost it's output. Here's part of my chat with Radio Shack online.  Thanks, Frank.                                          back port  Initial Question/Comment: I'm in need of a power supply, actually two. However, I need to make for certain that they will apply to what I now have. I found these out on the curb here in my neighborhood. They work, but barely with the just my receiver's output. Here's the info I have: Realistic Optimus-9 CAT.40-4023 and some pictures. There's a port for 8 OHM that's a female RCA design. Thanks, Frankback port

   OK, quick update. Went to a FB group and joined. Got schooled pretty much the old school way. So, I need an amp it appears. I do get sound from my speakers, but it they can't rival the much smaller JBL's I have along with them.  Can anyone suggest a decent amp the compliments the speakers? I really have a feeling they're worth the effort.  Thanks

Re: Found some primo Optimus 9 CAT. NO. 40-4023 Speakers but . . .

David Katzakian
Any amplifier or receiver which puts out 35 watts/channel, or more, should be fine.

DPK