Hunting down a handheld game

ropeadope
Howdy! Just discovered this site. I have been looking for a handheld game that I *think* was made by radio shack probably in the early 90s. Should be very similar to this one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icyj-B5uNCw

in fact I thought that was it when I came upon it, close but no cigar. It even looks pretty similar but I think the one i was looking for was white/blue/orange. Also I think you got a single point for every car you passed. Hard to remember back to my childhood. Also the game is probably not nearly as fun as I remember :P - I've looked extensively through google images and ebay to find a match but no luck yet. Don't suppose this description strikes any chords with anyone?

Thought this would be a good place to ask, thanks!

Re: Hunting down a handheld game

If the Game is "Road Race", it was manufactured by Tiger.

Here is a link to more info on the Road Race handheld game.

I'm not sure if it was ever sold by Radio Shack.  But you should check-out the RadioShack catalogs to find out.

~Mike

Re: Hunting down a handheld game

ropeadope
Heya! I found the one I was looking for, it's real close to that one:

http://zappa.brainiac.com/cdyer/handhelds/rs/turboracewayb.jpg

Re: Hunting down a handheld game

Ahh.  Turbo Raceway, and it was distributed by RadioShack.   I think I remember that game.

Glad you finally found it.