In store service

Daniel Benson

       I really do not like to be an ornery old man but, here we go. I know that on some level, I am not
    the only one in the purchasing public who is downright sick and tired of going to Radio Shack, or      o
    any other retail outlet for that matter, and being confronted with a salesperson who knows all there
    is about X Box and nothing at all about anything else in the store. Add to that the typical teenager's
    attitude ranging from boredom to outright confusion because you had the audacity to ask a question
    related to your purchase , and it's time to leave the store. Has Radio Shack gone the way of so many o
    other businesses and made it the company policy to hire children with no practical knowledge or
    experience? I have been going to your stores off and on for about 55 years of my 67 years and  I am
    sorry to see you sink to this level of " Professionalism ".
                                                             Dan B.

Re: In store service

Hi Dan.  You're experience is not an isolated case.  MANY people have expressed their similar experience.  Unfortunately, many times the customers know more than the salespeople. I recently read that part of Radio Shack's plan to get customers (or returning customers) back in their store was to hire knowledgeable, well-rounded salespeople. We'll see.

Re: In store service

Colin
This is all too common in the Radio Shack stores unfortunately - the younger the associate the worse it is.  However, this can occasionally be used for a solid chuckle... at their expense of course.
A few years ago a couple buddies of mine went in to a (now closed) store and asked for... and I kid you not... a flux capacitor.  The associate searched high and low in the parts bins and in their electronic catalog for the "critical component needed for the proper functioning of his car electronics" but, alas, was unable to find the part for my friends.

Re: In store service

photoman2k
When the associate couldn't find the elusive "flux capacitor", the customer should have demanded to talk to Marty McFly.

Re: In store service

Flux Capacitors are available at RS, but they're hard to find AND you have to drive through the store at 88mph to grab one.  Unfortunately, they don't come in the popular 1.21 gigawatt capacity.