Introducing the "RadioShack Forum"

This post was updated on .
Hello. I'm Mike, the moderator (aka SpeedRacer).

Initially, I started this forum to introduce my website, www.RadioShackCatalogs.com. My goal with this website is to allow the viewer the ability to view any Radio Shack catalog, year by year, page by page, in a page-flipping format. How cool is that?

I still enjoy paging through my collection of old Radio Shack catalogs (primarily the late 70's & early 80's) and wanted to share this experience with others. What a better way to do so than to post all the catalogs within a website?

But then I also thought it would be neat to have a forum to discuss Radio Shack in general. I know that this store has influence me greatly as I grew up; more than any other store. That's because to me, RadioShack has always been more than a store. To me, RadioShack (and their catalog) have been an "Idea Center"; a place that stimulated my interest in general electronics, inventing electronics gadgets, and just taking something apart to see how it's made. I don't think Radio Shack Corporation ever realized the power of their catalog.

To this day, the BEST Christmas gift I received was a 75-in-1 Radio Shack Electronic Kit. I can't tell you the countless hours I've spent using that kit. And after I built and learned about all 75 projects in the kit, I started to make my own projects. I have much more to say about Radio Shack: the history, the store, the products, the technology, etc. But I would like to hear from you too. Please post your thoughts, ideas, questions...whatever. Thanks for visiting and come back often.