Just sad, but not unexpected...

Glonch

Re: Just sad, but not unexpected...

SO sad.  I feel like I'm losing a life-long friend.

Re: Just sad, but not unexpected...

Glonch
I agree....

But, RadioShack has been a shell of itself for years.

The culture of repairing things has dwindled to record lows.  Most items just don't make sense to repair anymore.  RadioShack was trying to stay relevant but failed.  The marketplace changed and they didn't.

I used to have a side business repairing VCRs in the mid-90s.  Once Walmart came out with $30 VCR, that was it for me.  It was more expensive to repair than to throw out and replace.

I hold hope for the 'makers' out there - Rasp Pi, Ardunio, 3-D printing, etc. The future is bright there.

Re: Just sad, but not unexpected...

Sorry to hear about your business.

I also agree with your statement.  Unlike days of old, we now live in a "disposable world".  Don't fix it.  Replace it.

Personally, I still try to fix things when they break, but I realize from a business standpoint, there's no longer any money in it.