Lab-500 help

evilmainer
Hello, new here. I know that is not original.  Alright, I recently purchased my first radioshack item in decades and it is the Lab-500.  I have two requests/questions to start.

I need a tonearm "clip", I believe it is called.  When I bought it a piece of duck tape was used to hold the tonearm when in the off position.  Please point me in the direction of replacing that broken one, thanks.

Second, I noticed the needle is returning to "resting" a few treads to early.  This has the last 15 seconds of the song cut off.  Sometimes, the opposite is seen where the needle wants to slip off when first connecting. I'm fairly certain I can fix this one, but the part I'm lost.

Thanks all and look forward to learning from all of ya!

Re: Lab-500 help

Tandy1
Can't help with the replacement clip, but to the tone arm issue, a possible fix may be found on page six of the owners manual, just be careful - if nobody has tried adjusting in 30 years be gentle.   If the owners manual became separated from your turntable, a scan can be found at the link below.

http://akdatabase.org/AKview/albums/userpics/10007/Realistic%20LAB-500%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

There is also a little more detail included in the service manual for your LAB 500, that manual can be found at the following link

http://akdatabase.org/AKview/albums/userpics/10007/Realistic%20LAB-500%20Service%20Manual.pdf

http://akdatabase.org/AKview/displayimage.php?album=56&pos=3

Hope that helps!

RE: Lab-500 help

evilmainer

Yes, thank you very much for your time.

Can't help with the replacement clip, but to the tone arm issue, a possible fix may be found on page six of the owners manual, just be careful - if nobody has tried adjusting in 30 years be gentle.   If the owners manual became separated from your turntable, a scan can be found at the link below.

http://akdatabase.org/AKview/albums/userpics/10007/Realistic%20LAB-500%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

There is also a little more detail included in the service manual for your LAB 500, that manual can be found at the following link

http://akdatabase.org/AKview/albums/userpics/10007/Realistic%20LAB-500%20Service%20Manual.pdf

http://akdatabase.org/AKview/displayimage.php?album=56&pos=3

Hope that helps!

http://the-radioshack-forum.1496864.n2.nabble.com/Lab-500-help-tp7573105p7573108.html

To unsubscribe from Lab-500 help, click here.
NAML

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.