Optimus 5 catalog numbers

Nicolas
I need some help finding catalog numbers for a set of Optimus 5 speakers, if someone is willing to lend assistance. The cat# for these 40-2002 and I need the respective catalog numbers for the tweeters and midrange speakers that are on these things.

Tweeter part number: 0705Ac
Midrange part number: 0710Aa

It should make searches a little easier since everyone seems to focus on cat#'s and not the part# (why, I'm not sure). Any help anyone can provide in helping me track these down would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Re: Optimus 5 catalog numbers

David Katzakian
As I recall, the drive units in Realistic loudspeaker systems were not available separately.  When they were in production, a store or repair center could order replacement drive units from the warehouse to repair a system.  Since the Optimus 5 has been out of production for decades, it's not likely that replacement drive units are still available.

It's possible that someone in a store could check to see if the part numbers are still in the archives.  If you need replacement drive units, you may have to look on eBay or Craig's List to see if someone is selling any.