Product photos - copyright release information needed

Product photos - copyright release information needed

Simon_Mackay
Some of us may want to use product photos from the old RadioShack catalogues as "stock" images, usually to represent a device or class of device. But there is the copyright issue concerning the images. Are there any resources available where we can seek to use the images for our projects?

An example may be to use an image of one of the '80-85 era car cassette stereos as an example of a car cassette player, for example to highlight the use of a cassette adaptor with one of these as a connection path for a smartphone or MP3 player, or simply to illustrate an example of that old "two-knob" control layout that worked.

With regards,

Simon Mackay

Re: Product photos - copyright release information needed

My guess is that you would need to contact the rightful owner of those images, whether it be the manufacturer of the product (Sony, Pioneer, etc.), RadioShack, or someone else.

Re: Product photos - copyright release information needed

Eric
I am just trying to find out what I have received an inheritance of allot of vintage Atari's, Tandy Computers and lots of graphic cards, Sound Cards, put I do not know how to identify them to find out what they are how to test what they are worth can anyone please help me I would be grateful and am willing to sell I have hundreds of boards