R.I.P Radio Shack...It's been a pleaseure knowing you.

R.I.P Radio Shack...It's been a pleaseure knowing you.

This post was updated on .
On Thursday, February 5, 2015 after being in business for 94 years, Radio Shack Corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. On that day, not only did an iconic corporation die, but so did part of my childhood.  Here is an article about that sad event.

Rest in peace, Radio Shack.  It's been a great ride and a PLEASURE knowing you!

Re: R.I.P Radio Shack...It's been a pleaseure knowing you.

Tandy1
Your site got a nice mention (and link) in another article.

 http://www.fastcompany.com/3042121/the-recommender/look-how-awesome-radioshack-was-in-the-1980s?partner=rss

And remember there are about 1000 independently owned and operated Dealer Franchise stores that are to stubborn to quit, and very much "still open".