Radio Shack Catalogs Now Viewable in Non-Flash Format!

Radio Shack Catalogs Now Viewable in Non-Flash Format!

This post was updated on .
As many of you are aware, Adobe Flash is not supported by iPods, iPhones, iPads, and some other hand-held devices. Consequently, non of the catalogs on this site could be viewed with those, and similar devices.  That was the complaint of Alan Corey (and a few others).

I told Alan (and the others) that I did not have the knowledge in designing a non-Flash (or in this case, an HTML) viewing interface.

But rather than accepting my excuse and moving on, Alan stepped-up and emailed me with possible ways to make it happen.

To make a long story short, over the course of several months, many emails back & forth, MANY hours of work, and a lot of testing, Alan designed an HTML interface in which to view the Radio Shack Catalogs.  I am VERY pleased with what he's accomplised.

THANK YOU ALAN COREY for your patience, knowledge, and countless hours of programming you spent on making this project happen.  And THANK YOU for your MAJOR contribution to this site!  I'm sure the iPhone/Pod/Pad/Touch users thank you too.

NOTE:  Currently, I only have the major Radio Shack Catalogs available for viewing in an HTML format. I plan to expand that to include all of the catalogs, brochures & flyers.  I just have to figure out how to make it all work with the programs Alan painstakingly wrote for me to accomplish this task - Remember, I'm not a programmer so it might take awhile.

You can check-Out Alan's excellent work here --> RADIO SHACK CATALOGS in HTML VIEWING FORMAT

~ Mike

Re: Radio Shack Catalogs Now Viewable in Non-Flash Format!

Glonch
AWESOME!!!!  Really like the "ALL" page to see all the pages on one screen - nice.

Awesome work!