Realistic Electrostat 2a speaker

randyw
This post was updated on .
I am seeking dialog w/ anyone having information on these electrostatic speakers (specifically the 2a). They were mfd in Japan. The stamping on the ELS panel housing shows: TWEETER, Model SC1a, made in Japan.  I am very much obliged.  Thank you, Randyw.

Re: Realistic Electrostat 2a speaker

randyw
randyw returning...one spkr has been disassembled. the bias pwr supply and crossover checked out ok. I had to send out the "tweeters" for testing and repair. They will each (4) need new diaphragms. The hi-volt. supply to each spkr is 314VDC. The 1st unit should be done shortly. Regards, Randy.

Re: Realistic Electrostat 2a speaker

eandyw
The overhauled tweeters are installed & working (tweeting!) very nicely. The hobbyist doing the repairs used an "emergency" blanket of metallized polymer & 2 sided 3M tape. These items are easily available. Coincidentally..these 2a speakers were sold w/ a lifetime warr! Thanks, randyw.