Realistic STA 30 1966 catalog

vactube
I have  restored a STA 30 stereo receiver . Remarkable... to say the least down to the neon stereo FM indicator light ! This truly was high end sound . I have been building systems as a hobby for quite some time . This is a real nice receiver .. FM great! Amp , incredible sound  Anybody have a schematic ? I have never seen one prior to this .

Re: Realistic STA 30 1966 catalog

I don't have s schematic but I'd love to see some photos of your restoration.
~ Mike

Re: Realistic STA 30 1966 catalog

vactube
Here are some pictures of the STA -30 Tuner -Amplifier --The lettering on the front panel was engraved , no decals here! Also I am including a photo of a TM 8 D Tuner I just finished ..which was the tuner section of this receiver. It has that great tuning bar indicator tube..... which I was able to find . Had to replace the neon indicator and all the caps as with the Sta 30 ... with orange drop caps . 1.5 uV sensitivity ,,,sounds well .....realistic , of course ! STA 30STA 30TM - 8D Tuner

Re: Realistic STA 30 1966 catalog

vactube
Here are some pictures of the STA -30 Tuner -Amplifier --The lettering on the front panel was engraved , no decals here! Also I am including a photo of a TM 8 D Tuner I just finished ..which was the tuner section of this receiver. It has that great tuning bar indicator tube..... which I was able to find . Had to replace the neon indicator and all the caps as with the Sta 30 ... with orange drop caps . 1.5 uV sensitivity ,,,sounds well .....realistic , of course ! STA 30STA 30TM - 8D TunerTM 8DSTA 30

Sorry I did not re size 2 pics . chris

Here are some pictures of the STA -30 Tuner -Amplifier --The lettering on the front panel was engraved , no decals here! Also I am including a photo of a TM 8 D Tuner I just finished ..which was the tuner section of this receiver. It has that great tuning bar indicator tube..... which I was able to find . Had to replace the neon indicator and all the caps as with the Sta 30 ... with orange drop caps . 1.5 uV sensitivity ,,,sounds well .....realistic , of course ! STA 30STA 30TM - 8D TunerTM 8D<nabble_img src="IMG_5754.jpg" border="0" class="left" alt="STA 30"

Re: Realistic STA 30 1966 catalog

vactube
The STA 30 is now Loaded with RCA 12 AX7s and 4  Amperex 6GW8 tubes for the amp  . The 6Gw8's aren't made anymore and are getting scarce and expensive .. but what a great sound!!! The 6GW8 is a a triode and pentode in one tube,like a 6BM8, but higher power and of more refined development .  . I believe after doing some research on this unit , that these were made by Foster Radio in Japan ,which is still in business today -a leading speaker manufacturer. Foster has quite a history in the audio electronics business .  This receiver is totally over engineered . It is quite obvious that the goal was to make recorded music-- sound like music . The  metal case when the unit has run for awhile gets quite warm and above the 6GW8 's you can get burned ... lots of heat ! They manufactured an indention or steps in the chassis to form a "chimney" between the output transformers(where the quad 6GW8's are located) to channel cool air through the bottom and the heat out the top =a true exercise in convection -just place an egg on top !

Re: Realistic STA 30 1966 catalog

dmadmc
Hi there!
I have acquired a Viscount TF-2200 receiver that is very similar to your Realistic STA 30.  I would like to get a copy of schematic for it.  I believe the Viscount built the Realistic STA 30 as an OEM.  Can you share some photos of your receiver inside so that I can compare it with mine.  Best Regards,  Jong

Re: Realistic STA 30 1966 catalog

dmadmc

Re: Realistic STA 30 1966 catalog

dmadmc