SAT-82 Low Audio Hum

chas9496
Hey. I'm a newly registered user as of tonight here. I picked up an STA-82 Receiver off eBay a few days ago after reading the reviews on these from past and present owners. Come to find out that it has the common low level hum in both channels at low or "0" volume. I did search this first and found no results so correct me if I'm restarting an older thread. Also I read that your not to use Deoxit for cleaning slide volume controls. I can't remember what is was stated to use in it's place but the slide controls are also noisy on this unit and is causing volume issues as well, along with other pots that Deoxit is recommended for. As I read the power supply cap may be the culprit for this problem. I have no testing equipment other than a cap and standard multimeter for any diag I can preform. I'm not an electronics tech in any way but love to tinker with audio components. I do understand that you must discharge any caps your intending to replace for a while. I've given up to 24 hours before in one case but never did bother ordering the parts. I have some knowledge but otherwise illiterate at this kind of thing. The receiver cost me much less than a service would cost me to repair this and money is also tight around here. I do have a schematic download for this for reference. Thanks for any advise and also for listening.