STA-2080

HomeBody
I'm in the market for a clean and functional Realistic 2080.

Re: STA-2080

Mike
HomeBody,

I have an STA-2080 with the original box, color manual and schematics.  I'm the original owner--it has always had a place of "honor" in my living room.  I recently de-oxed the pots--all are quiet and work as designed.  Over the years I've replaced one bulb in one of the meters (all meters work perfectly) and one of the bulbs that lights the tuner itself.  Other than that, it's never needed a thing and works perfectly as far as I know (I've never actually explored the many options it has).

I'm not sure if I want to sell it, but I may be willing since I'm moving soon.  I live in WA state and can send pics if you like.  If you're still looking for one of these units let me know what you'd be willing to pay (a range, or top figure is fine).  I might part with it if the $$ are right (I'm researching that right now).

Thanks,

mjc

mjcampese@comcast.net

Re: STA-2080

HomeBody
Yeh, Give me a couple of photos and your asking price.
I'll give it some thought.

All the Best-
Ed

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:45:13 -0500, Mike [via The RadioShack Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

[hidden email]

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/STA-2080-tp4113195p4636196.html
To unsubscribe from STA-2080, click here.

--

As For Me and My House....

      We Will Serve the Lord-

Re: STA-2080

vintageman
I have three STA-2080s.  I will be happy to sell you one.  They are at different levels in the looks department.  Are you looking for one thats just works correctly or looks the part as well.  I have both, please let me know if you have an interest.
mjc

Re: STA-2080

mjc
Sorry Ed, soon after I relied to you, I relocated across the country as I said I might.  My STA-2080 is boxed up right now and will be for few more months, I suspect.  Should you still be interested just email me.  I don't get back to this forum often.

Thanks again,

Re: STA-2080

Rick
Hi my name is Rick, funny, when I was looking for my 2100D (Realistic), I seen several 2080's but was not interested at the time, I was laser focused on the 2100D and finally got it ten years ago, now I would like a second receiver for my den and the 2080 would be perfect. Always been a fan of Radio Shack products since the late 70's, of course back then I was a teenager and could'nt afford it then. Got a sat-111 and Lab-395 turntable new, the rest was second hand. With that in mind would love to talk to you about your receiver. if you could please call my cell phone 937-241-3699 or you could respond via this e-mail address, kendramendez21@yahoo.com. It would be quicker by phone because I don't have a pc, Im borrowing a friends, so, thanks and look forward to your response.
DR

Re: STA-2080

DR
Wow, this STA-2080 is popular, for many peeople for different reasons:

I came across this forum entry from Feb 2010 where you said you had an STA-2080 Receiver complete with box, manual and schematic.

Do you still have these items?  I am desperately searching for a copy of the Schematic as my 2080 has some issues that need attention, and the schematic is rare as hen’s teeth.  If you do have it would it be possible for you to scan it into a pdf and email it, or photocopy and send it to me if I Paypal you some postage to Australia?

This is such a nice receiver and I would love to get it working again.

I know you said you don;t get back to this forum much, but I thought I would give it a go.

Thanks
David

Re: STA-2080 and sta 2100D

mark fisher
hi i have 1 each of the sta-2080 and sta 2100d  looks good and sounds great . iam not work for 15 months so i have to sell them.
mark fisher   email fisher9599@yahoo.com or call texas   903-771-6809 leave message if i miss it
DR

RE: STA-2080 and sta 2100D

DR

Hi Mark

Thanks for the response.  Do you have manuals – service or operators – for these units?  I’d be thrilled if you could scan / email a copy.

Sorry to hear about your work situation.  I know you guys have been doing it very tough in the US.  If I was in the States I’d jump at that 2100.  My 2080 is up and running.  Needed a couple of transistors replaced.  Sounds a treat now, but has quite a bit of oxidisation on the fascia as it came from a home near the beach.

Thanks
David Rivers    Team Manager | Problem Management
Complex Analysis & Investigations  | Network Infrastructure Operations  | Network & IT Operations | Telstra Operations
PHONE 03 8549 3206 | MOBILE 0427 489 982 | FAX 03 9543 3654
EMAIL [hidden email]

This communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL or copyright information of Telstra Corporation Limited (ABN 33 051 775 556). If you are not an intended recipient, you MUST NOT keep, forward, copy, use, save or rely on this communication, and any such action is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to this e-mail to notify the sender of its incorrect delivery, and then delete both it and your reply. Thank you.

Re: STA-2080

kenn
I am looking for a 2100D. Coloradoken2@yahoo.com    Thanks.

Re: STA-2080 with 4 ohm speakers?

William
Can anyone go through their manual for the STA-2080 and find where it tells how to use this nice receiver with 4 ohm speakers? On the back of mine it says "see instruction manual for 4 ohm speaker use". I do not have the original manual for this. I am wondering if an outboard transformer is required or if there is something else that can be done. I can be reached at: science.guy at juno dot com.  Thank you so much!

Re: STA-2080

Herb
I have an STA-2100 that works fine but is missing one knob if anyone is interested.

Re: STA-2080

jcatsweeney
Do you still have the Sta-2080   Let me know here or 828-448-4097 call/text