WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

This post was updated on .
If you have an old RadioShack catalog that I still need to complete the RadioShack Catalog Archive on this website, please let me know.  I'm also looking for old RadioShack magazine/newspaper ads, old free battery cards, promotional items, store photos, and cool memorabila.  These items will be added to this website for all to see.

EMAIL: RScatalogs-at-gmx.com
(Please change the "-at-" to "@" in my email address.  I did this so I don't get inundated with junk mail.)

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

Tandy1
1) AWESOME site.
2) I have a correction, and an offer.  Your history stops at 2002, there actually was a 2003-2004 catalog, and a 2004-2005 edition.  Both were titled "everyday needs, parts, batteries & accessories".   There are no prices, and they are peppered with RSU products in addition to store stock skus.   The focus is on the "parts" part.  It was not exactly what we at the store level were screaming for, but better than nothing.
The 2003-2004 cover features a somewhat abstract photo of a cb antenna, which customers thought was a photo of a soldering iron.  The 2004-2005 cover features early bluetooth, igo, cold heat, and Monster cables.
I just happen to have an extra copy of both.  I dont have time to scan them for you, but would be happy to contribute them, free.   I'm sure I have other stuff to share squirreled away in the back room- I'm a fairly old Dealer store.  Check your email.
3) Your not looking for a part time day job are you?  :)

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

Hi Tandy1
As I mentioned in my email, I had no idea that RadioShack offered a 2003-04 & 2004-05 catalog.  If I only knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have left the store without my copy in-hand.  And for as long as this site has been up, no one had mentioned this bit of info. to me.

BTW:  I *GLADLY* accept your offer to contribute these catalogs to the site.  I'd love to look through, and display them on this site.  Not much else to do in the cold weather months than scan more RadioShack catalogs :-)

You mentioned the part time day job.  Now you're talking.  Back in the day (late 70s-early 80s), I REALLY wanted to work at RS.  I'm sure I could have been an excellent salesperson.  Heck, I'm sure I knew more about RS products than most of the salesman.  I should.  I spent enough time reading about the products. (I was also fairly good with electronics too.)

Enough rambling.  I'm looking forward to your catalog contribution.  Thanks for your kindness.

Mike

Hi Mike, Got your email.  Sealed and ready to mail, will go out tommorrow.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed finding your site.  It really is a beautiful tribute.
On the job part, yes I am sure you would have made an excellent lifer.  I can teach anyone to run the POS, love of the company however, is priceless.

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

Tandy1
Wow, I see the 2003-04 exists on the site today- is that the one I sent????
 Scanned very well if so!

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

Yes Tandy1, that is the catalog you sent me.  I still have the 2004-05 one to do.  Not enough hours in the day, but I'll get to it.  I also have the bags and ballons to scan.  Those will be on the site in some form or fashion soon.  In my "Just For Fun" book on the "MISC" page are the sale tags you sent.  Much appreciated!!!!  ~Mike

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

Tandy1
Mike, are you still at the same mailing addy?  I have a small box of Memorabilia type stuff that should probably go your way.

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

Yes Sir, I am!

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

Tandy1
Your box of trivia should arrive today if the tracking info is correct.

Lemme know if you are interested in the sale flyer collection.

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

I got it!  I got it!

(Sorry for calling you "Sir" in my previous post, but I didn't know it was you).

All I can say is WOW.  That box of RS goodies was packed.  (I also liked the shipping box.  Nice touch :)

As I was going through the box, I just kept pulling out more, and more, and more cool RS memorabilia.

Thanks for adding notes to the bags.  It helped out a lot.

All the sales flyers will eventually make it to the website as will some of the other material in their entirity.  Some of the smaller items will be scanned and added to the site to spruce it up.  The RadioShack grand re-opening ribbon is hanging over my computer.  And the RS shirt I plan to wear.

THANK YOU for EVERYTHING!!!

~ Mike

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

I am definitely interested in the sales flyers.  It's supposed to be a long winter.  And scanning old sales flyers is a perfect project.

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

Tandy1
    If your really OK with the idea of borrowing them & return ship, I have 10 flyers from 3 years selected that are not on the flyer page yet.
   1990 was one of the years I grabbed, that year is in tough shape but selected a few anyway.  There was a major logo change between #453 and #454 that year.  (Forward slant to the logo like the one that appears on the cover of the 91 and 92 catalogs, addition of "America's Technology Store" instead of "The")
   You have #451 and #452 on the flyer page already, might be cool to ad the logo transition pair if they scan OK.
    Trivia tidbit.

    Also found the 1994 annual report.  I see that listed as wanted too.  No, I do not want a deposit.  Send em back.. I'll send another 10.  Check your email- if still game they can go out yet this week.

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

. I am OK with that.

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

Tandy1
Mike, are you still at the same mailing address?   I found some more "stuff" you should probably have.

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

CKLAMPETER
Hi , I have around 30 programming files in binders for the trc-80 11 plus many other bits and Bob's. Ie. Floppy discs/games/ Windows nt books/ Microsoft 1980 manuals  etc:
I'm interested in selling the said items and if interested I can supply photos and better description's on request.
Regards All.
CHRIS.
Ckinpontyates@aol.com

Re: WANTED - Old RadioShack Catalogs, Ads, & Memorabilia

marco900
HI U HAPPEND TO SELL THISX Realistic Stereo-Mate SCP-29  LET ME KNOW MARCO