Why you can't view catalogs with an iPhone, iTouch, or iPad?

Why you can't view catalogs with an iPhone, iTouch, or iPad?

This post was updated on .
Sadly, neither the Apple iPhone, iTouch, nor iPad support the Adobe Flash platform.  And since all of my catalogs are displayed in Flash, those who visit my site via the Apple products mentioned, can't view the catalogs.

So what is Apple doing about it.  Not much.

What am I doing about it?  Well, in addition to the displaying the catalogs in Flash, I am also looking into platforms that will work with the iPhone/Touch/Pad.  But that's not an easy task as I still want to maintain the catalogs in a page-flipping format.  And I have yet to find a non-Flash method to mimic this format.

Also, the addition of another platform will involve an astronomical amount of work on my part, but I certainly don't want to disappoint the iPhone/Touch/Pad users.

So, until I come up with a solution.......

Re: Why you can't view catalogs with an iPhone, iTouch, or iPad?

AB1JX
Well, I'd like to see an alternative to Flash.  My OS is OpenBSD and there isn't any Flash for that because Adobe won't release the source code and Adobe can't be bothered with anything but the big 3 operating systems.

Looks like a useful site, if I could see it.

What format are your raw images in?  I've done some programming with making thumbnails and HTML pages linking thumbnails to fullsize images (2 or 3 sizes), both in Delphi (Windows) and I've got a Unix shell script that does it.

  Alan, AB1JX

Re: Why you can't view catalogs with an iPhone, iTouch, or iPad?

InveDamon
Banned User

The tenth season of http://www.alldvdsonline.co.uk/goods-2112-Homeland-Season-2-DVD-Boxset-FREE-SHIPPING.html Homeland Season 2 DVD also sees the return of a character who we never thought we'd see before!